Tire Protection Plan
Trotman Auto Group’s Tire Protection Plan
Our TAG Tire Protection Plan offers you peace of mind driving on your vehicle tires. This covers you for road hazard damage and manufacturer defects, keeping you and your vehicle safe and on the road!
What does the Tire Protection Plan Cover?
Our Tire Protection Plan is offered with the purchase of any new passenger or light truck tires that are installed and balanced at one of our TAG locations. The tires must be new and only used on the vehicle that they were originally installed for (this does not include the OEM factory installed tires). Simply present the original work order to have your TAG Tire Protection activated!
- Road Hazard Damage – covered for the life of theoriginaluseable tread of the tire, or five years (whichever comes first)
Useable tread is the original tread worn down to the level of the tread wear indicators (2/32” of tread remaining)
- Manufacturing Defects – includes workmanship or material defects that originate during the tire manufacturing process.
How Are the Tires Repaired?
Our trained service technicians will repair or replace your tires for the following damages:
- Road Hazard Damage will be repaired at our choice with either
- - Repair the tire at no charge if it falls within our repair policy guidelines.
- - Replace the tire if it is not repairable at a pro rata replacement price based on usage.
- * Installation and balancing costs are additional and are the responsibility of the tire owner
- Manufacturing Defects will be repaired at our choice with either
- - Replace, reinstall and balance tires at no charge if the tire is rendered unserviceable due to a Manufacturing Defect with tread wear of 2/32″ or less.
- - Replace a tire rendered unserviceable by a Manufacturing Defect that does not qualify for a zero charge replacement, with a comparable tire on a pro rata price basis. Replacement cost is based on the current regular everyday price of the tire.
- *Installation and balancing costs are additional and are the responsibility of the tire owner
Please note: A pro-rated price simply means that you only pay for the amount of the tread used above the 2/32″ tread wear indicators. For example, if a new tire has a tread depth of 11/32″, the usable tread is 9/32″ (11/32″ less 2/32″). If the tread depth at the time the tire is presented for adjustment under this warranty is 8/32″ the usable tread remaining is 6/32″ (8/32″ less 2/32″). One third of the tread depth has been used and the replacement cost will be based on 33% of the current regular everyday price.
*Some conditions and restrictions apply. Speak to one of our Parts Specialists for full details, coverages and information.